Part III: Plans to Party!
Ok, so what if I am a deadbeat blogger. Thank you to my two fans who have actually said that they would like to see another post. No, actually, I have been pretty busy. Last time I wrote I had just finished chemo. The bad news is that though I am no longer taking steroids, menopause is now managing to make me fat. The good news is that I will be done with treatment (except Herceptin) on January 19th. And the even better news is that I have definitely planned to party and hope to continue to do so. Right after chemo I flew to NY, then it was Thanksgiving, then it was Christmas, then New Year's, and now I am going to Miami. Then it's my birthday!
I thought of a great blog topic to write about and promptly forgot it, of course. Blame it on the wine and drugs!
Like I said, bring on the party, chemo and radiation are almost done!
Once I remember whatever epiphany I had in the woods...
Oh shit, now I remember...
As you know, I am an avid walker. Luckily, even at this point in treatment, I have still been able to. Now, I have to get all sorts of hammered just to be physically able. Bad decision? You tell me. The survival rates for breast cancer (and specifically stage III breast cancer) skyrocket in women who walk on a regular basis. So the way I see it, the lexapro, weed, and vicodin don't even matter if it means I am likely to live if I walk.
Plus, who doesn't love a form of exercise that is not only good for you, but also involves getting high? The woods are amazing when you're all tripped out!
1 Comments:
So good to hear your voice again... your silence was definately noticable.
You are getting close now... Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home