Part II
I have never weighed so much in my life. I can honestly say that I had never been above 140 until I had cancer. I look back now to the infamous day of diagnosis and recall eating a Hardee's Thickburger and fries. I thought for sure I would get sick and skinny with chemo.
Holy fuck, was I wrong!
Steroids are the devil incarnate, pure and simple. Here's why:
Keep you up at night
Constant bloating
Water weight / puffiness everywhere
False sense of energy
Increased appetite
I have come to the conclusion that athletes must be absolute fucking idiots to tolerate steroids. Not that the kind of steroids they give you for chemo is even the same, for all I know.
I am fat, fat, fat.
1 Comments:
Arielle, I check here all the time to see if you've updated... so sorry that I haven't left many comments.
I am with you on the fat, fat, fat thing. I am doubly with you on the fact that steroids are the devil, and I can not imagine taking them for fun (what, are those athletes crazy?). I got tons of Decadron as a result of my Taxol reaction, and I keep waiting for its symptoms to wane. (I tried one night without a sleeping pill...no dice.)
I hope that you are well. I will keep checking on you! :-)
Kristina
Post a Comment
<< Home